New Zealand avenges their loss against Pakistan in the first game by winning by nine wickets. On Tuesday, the home team trounced Pakistan by 9 wickets. After deciding to bat first, the Pakistani batters labored valiantly to a total of 130/7 in 20 overs. In response, NZ reached the mark in 16.1 overs thanks in large part to a brilliant opening partnership of 117 runs between Finn Allen and Devon Conway.
Tim Southee, Michael Bracewell, and Mitchel Santner each took two wickets earlier for the Kiwis. No Pakistani batter was able to amass runs against the bowling of the host side. Pakistan’s batsmen failed to score a single SIX throughout their 20-over innings due to New Zealand’s dominance.
- NewZealand now leads the POINTS TABLE with 2 victories from 3 matches.
- Pakistan also have 2 victories from 3 games. But their NRR is lower than the host
- Bangladesh is yet to win a game in the series.
NewZealand Innings SCORECARD
|Finn Allen||st †Mohammad Rizwan b Shadab Khan||62||42||62||1||6||147.61|
|Devon Conway †||not out||49||46||72||5||0||106.52|
|Kane Williamson (c)||not out||9||9||10||0||0||100.00|
|Extras||(lb 5, w 6)||11|
|TOTAL||16.1 Ov (RR: 8.10, 72 Mts)||131/1|
|Did not bat: Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, James Neesham, Michael Bracewell, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Blair Tickner|
|Fall of wickets: 1-117 (Finn Allen, 13.3 ov)|
Pakistan Innings SCORECARD
|Mohammad Rizwan †||c Neesham b Bracewell||16||17||3||0||94.11|
|Babar Azam (c)||c †Conway b Bracewell||21||23||3||0||91.30|
|Shan Masood||c Bracewell b Santner||14||12||2||0||116.66|
|Shadab Khan||c Southee b Santner||8||7||1||0||114.28|
|Iftikhar Ahmed||c Tickner b Southee||27||27||3||0||100.00|
|Haider Ali||c Southee b Sodhi||8||11||0||0||72.72|
|Asif Ali||not out||25||20||3||0||125.00|
|Mohammad Nawaz||c sub (MJ Guptill) b Southee||0||1||0||0||0.00|
|Mohammad Wasim||not out||1||2||0||0||50.00|
|TOTAL||20 Ov (RR: 6.50)||130/7|
|Yet to bat: Shahnawaz Dahani, Naseem Shah|
|Fall of wickets: 1-30 (Mohammad Rizwan, 4.2 ov), 2-54 (Shan Masood, 7.5 ov), 3-62 (Shadab Khan, 9.1 ov), 4-65 (Babar Azam, 10.2 ov), 5-77 (Haider Ali, 13.2 ov), 6-128 (Iftikhar Ahmed, 19.1 ov), 7-128 (Mohammad Nawaz, 19.2 ov)|
Today’s Pakistan XI roster includes Naseem Shah. Mitchel Santner was selected by NZ to replace Adam Milne. For Trent Boult, Blair Tickener has been substituted. Pakistan has won both of its matches thus far in the competition. New Zealand has faced Pakistan twice, winning once and losing once.
Pakistan Playing XI: 1 Mohammad Rizwan (wk),2 Babar Azam(capt), 3 Shan Masood, 4 Haider Ali, 5 Iftikhar Ahmed, 6 Asif Ali, 7 Shadab Khan, 8 Mohammad Nawaz, 9 Mohammad Wasim, 10 Naseem Shah, 11 Shahnawaz Dahani
New Zealand (Playing XI): Finn Allen, Devon Conway(w), Kane Williamson(c), Glenn Phillips, Mark Chapman, James Neesham, Michael Bracewell, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Blair Tickner
- Update from Pakistan CAMP:Naseem Shah has passed the medical test and is available for selection today
- It’s a key game for New Zealand. NZ have already lost to Pakistan earlier in the tournament.
- The hosts did record a big win again Bangladesh where Conway and Williamson ensured an easy chase
- Update from NewZealand CAMP: BLACKCAPS bowling coach Shane Jurgensen won’t be with the team at Hagley Oval today. He is feeling unwell and is seeing a doctor today and hopes to be back with the team as soon as possible.