On September 16, the BCCI will choose the Indian team for the T20 World Cup. As previously reported by InsideSport, both the selectors and the team management are still sceptical about Jasprit Bumrah’s physical condition. Bumrah and Harshal Patel were both invited to the NCA for the FITNESS Test.
“The squad submission deadline is coming up soon. Updates on Jasprit and Harshal’s health are required. We will thus reveal the team once everything is ready. This week, Jasprit is anticipated to undergo an injury evaluation at the NCA. Then, we’ll learn more.
Is Bumrah fit? BCCI Selection Committee Meeting Due to a back issue, Bumrah has been out since the England trip in July. Additionally rehabilitating from a rib injury is Harshal Patel.
Both people have arrived at NCA for the fitness evaluation. Sources at NCA claim that although Harshal is fully prepared to make a return, Bumrah is still unsure.
According to reliable sources, Bumrah won’t start bowling again for a while after Patel begins to bowl in the nets. One month remains till the World Cup. The final fitness assessment on Bumrah is highly anticipated by the selection committee, captain Rohit Sharma, and coach Rahul Dravid.
The date for T20 World Cup team submission is September 16. The interview for the job will happen that day.
Jadeja is “NOT AVAILABLE” because of surgery on his right knee and cannot play in the T20 World Cup at all.
Though, things are going well for Harshal. He is almost fully recovered and may play in the next home series against Australia and South Africa.
“Harshal Patel’s (healing) progress is fantastic. He’s really pretty close to becoming well. He is still at the NCA and will undergo a fitness test the following week to determine his level of improvement. He should be available for the Australia series, we hope, a member of the selection committee told InsideSport.
Back problem for Jasprit Bumrah (Expected return to be determined)
Ravindra Jadeja is completely OUT of the T20 World Cup due to a knee injury that required surgery.
Rib injury, Harshal Patel (Expected to return for Australia series)
- The World Cup rosters for England, Australia, and South Africa have already been announced.
- The injuries have delayed preparations, despite Rohit Sharma’s earlier hints that 80–90% of India’s roster is already decided.
- In case Jasprit Bumrah is unable to play, Mohammed Shami is ready to step in.
- However, the decision-makers want to be certain about Bumrah’s injury before making a decision regarding Shami.
- Bumrah, who is dealing from a back problem, is anticipated to visit the NCA again this week to have his condition evaluated.
- With a knee injury, Ravindra Jadeja’s participation in the T20 World Cup looks doubtful.
- For the Australia & South Africa series, Harshal Patel is probably going to come back. He is now receiving treatment for a rib ailment at the NCA.
- Along with the ODI team, the T20 World Cup and Australia and South Africa T20 series rosters will be unveiled at the same time. Date of announcement is anticipated to be September 16th.