India’s Asia Cup team – INDIA Asia Cup Team: In a shocking decision, Virat Kohli has returned and KL Rahul has been given the vice leadership duties once more. Jasprit Bumrah won’t be playing, therefore Bhuvneshwar Kumar will be in charge of the pace assault. Axar Patel, Shreyas Iyer, and Shreyas Iyer, however, remain on call. Furthermore, Ishan Kishan has no place.
Deepak Chahar to be picked in India squad for Asia Cup? Avesh Khan was kept as the third seamer by the selectors, surprising everyone as Jasprit Bumrah and Harshal Patel were forced to withdraw from the Asia Cup due to injury. It is understood that Deepak Chahar might be elevated to the starting lineup because Avesh Khan lacks variety.
“It goes without saying that you can’t pick him for the Asia Cup right away when he is coming off an injury. Before the competition, we have the ability to substitute a player. In Zimbabwe, Deepak will have his chance. We’ll consider it if he succeeds and regains his rhythm.
India has chosen to use four spinners, with Deepak Hooda as a potential fifth spinner. However, there are only three dedicated spinners, and Hardik Pandya is the only other seam bowler available.
India Squad Asia Cup: Rohit Sharma (C), KL Rahul (VC), Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant, Deepak Hooda, Dinesh Karthik (WK), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ravi Bishnoi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Arshdeep Singh, Avesh Khan
Backups: Shreyas iyer, Deepak Chahar, Axar Patel
“Due to injury, Jasprit Bumrah and Harshal Patel were not available for selection. At the NCA in Bengaluru, they are now receiving rehabilitation. Shreyas Iyer, Axar Patel, and Deepak Chahar have all been selected as players to watch, according to a BCCI release.
- Live Asia Cup India Squad Selection: Lots of surprises
- KL Rahul has been awarded the Asia Cup captaincy back, while Hardik Pandya has been promoted to vice-captain.
- The absence of Ishan Kishan is another unexpected omission.
- The left-hander has been scoring runs and is India’s second-ranked T20 player. His vulnerability to express pace, though, has worked against him.
- The other victim of competition is Axar Patel. The selection committee has chosen to continue to support both experienced Ravichandran Ashwin and youthful Ravi Bishnoi.
- Kuldeep has struggled to earn a spot after being injured for the majority of India’s games.
- The decision to field just three specialised pacers and four spinners, however, is the biggest surprise.
- The spinners did not have much traction on the UAE tracks, as evidenced by the T20 World Cup 2021 and the IPL.
- But Hardik Pandya will have to bowl four overs because Jasprit Bumrah and Harshal Patel won’t be playing.
- In addition, Sanju Samson hasn’t found a spot, as one might anticipate.
Two groups comprise the six teams. Group A includes a qualifying squad, Pakistan, and India. Group B is composed of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. In the group stage, every team plays every other team once. Each group’s top two teams will proceed to the Super 4 phase. The top two teams from the Super 4 will advance to the championship.
Asia Cup for India schedule:
- India schedule for the 2022 Asia Cup: Group A
- India vs. Pakistan at Dubai on August 28 at 7:30 p.m.
- India vs. Qualifier on August 31 at 7:30 PM in Dubai.