Skip to the content
Some Lesser Facts About KC Cariappa
- Cariappa began his career as a fast bowling all-rounder before switching to orthodox round-arm bowling.
- Until joining the Social Cricket Club in Bangalore, the spinner competed in several tennis ball tournaments. He went on to compete in the Karnataka Premier League after that.
- He was the third top wicket taker for Bijapur Bulls in the Karnataka Primer League in 2014, with 11 wickets at an economy rate of just 6.
- Cariappa shocked everyone in the 2014 IPL trials when Gautam Gambhir absolutely struggled to read his bowling. Gambhir then instructed his teammates to keep an eye out for the spinner.
- Despite his low starting price of INR 10 lakh, Kolkata Knight Riders bought him for INR 2.4 crores after a fierce fight with Delhi Daredevils.
- Ricky Ponting once compared him to Indian cricketer Sunil Narine.
Kings XI Punjab signed him for INR 80 lakh during the 2016 IPL auctions, but he has struggled to find a permanent place in the squad.