Both Australia and India missed out on the opportunity to acquire a true feel of the situation during the 8-over match in Nagpur. Even though it was just for two overs, Jasprit Bumrah’s return proved significant for India. But with the series on the line and with 4 matches remaining to prepare for the T20 World Cup, Rohit Sharma will need to make some difficult decisions. Harshal Patel has been utterly out of touch and is probably tired. Deepak Chahar’s lack of attention in T20s so far begs the question, given his outstanding return in Zimbabwe. But Hyderabad could offer him a chance.
- Harshal Patel to be dropped?
- Ravichandran Ashwin for Yuzvendra Chahal?
- Dinesh Karthik or Rishabh Pant?
Should Harshal Patel be dropped? – In the second T20, Harshal Patel once again proved to be too pricey. He allowed 32 runs to be scored in his two overs. He has had six overs in the series so far with an economy rate of 13.50 and no wickets. Due to the match’s brief duration in Nagpur, India was able to field only 4 bowlers, but this won’t be the case in Hyderabad. India must use six bowling options, including three seamers.
Jasprit Bumrah will continue despite a tepid comeback after a two-month absence due to a back issue. India will have to decide how to go with the remaining pace assault without Arshdeep Singh, however. Deepak Chahal, Harshal Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, and Umesh Yadav are the four choices available to India. There will be just two players, and Deepak Chahar and Bhuvneshwar Kumar are both likely to be chosen.
Yuzvendra Chahal or Ravichandran Ashwin? The second spinner is a further puzzle element. After a stellar performance with the ball throughout the series, Axar Patel is expected to maintain his spot. But Yuzvendra Chahal has been struggling financially. He has surrendered 54 runs at a 12.46 economy rate in 4.2 overs this series. Ashwin could be given a chance in the last game since the team management wants him to participate.
Instead of bowling as aggressively as he does in Test matches, Ashwin has sought to keep things under control by bowling defensively. India could need someone like him to defend itself against Matthew Wade or Cameron Green’s charges.
Rishabh Pant or Dinesh Karthik? Making a choice between Dinesh Karthik and Rishabh Pant is the new component of the issue. Karthik has accomplished enough to fill the position of a finisher, even though Pant has a strong record versus Australia. Karthik smashed a 6 and a 4 to end the second T20 in only two balls. Pant was not allowed to bat.
India Playing XI 3rd T20:
- KL Rahul
- Rohit Sharma(c)
- Virat Kohli
- Suryakumar Yadav
- Rishabh Pant / Dinesh Karthik (WK)
- Hardik Pandya
- Axar Patel
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar
- Deepak Chahar
- Jasprit Bumrah
- Yuzvendra Chahal/Ravichandran Ashwin
But it will bring up the same question: Does India need a finisher at No. 7 or a left-hander at No. 5? Over 400 runs were scored in 40 overs in the last T20I played at Hyderabad. However, no games have been played since, and given the quantity of rain in South India, the field may remain damp.
It would be difficult for someone like Karthik to strike from the first ball if the wicket is two-paced. However, Pant will have sufficient time to lead India to a satisfactory result. It is anticipated that the combinations will decide.
What can we anticipate from the third Twenty20 match between India and Australia in Hyderabad?
- India won a rain-shortened 8-over match in Nagpur to tie the series.
- With his bat, Rohit Sharma was the standout, while Axar Patel flourished in Ravindra Jadeja’s absence.
- But certain things remained the same. Both Yuzvendra Chahal and Harshal Patel had trouble throughout the game.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar was rested, but his familiarity with the Hyderabad pitch is essential.
- For the third T20, Bhuvneshwar Kumar is anticipated to return.
- Deepak Chahar hasn’t yet appeared in any episodes of the series. India would want to retain him available despite his lacklustre performance in the lone Asia Cup game.
- In addition, Ravichandran Ashwin is anticipated to replace the suddenly out-of-form Yuzvendra Chahal.
- A last-minute decision will be made either Rishabh Pant or Dinesh Karthik, but the top 4 will stay the same.
- After a two-month injury layoff, Jasprit Bumrah will continue after making his team debut in the Nagpur T20 match.
India Squad for Australia T20Is: Rohit Sharma (Captain), KL Rahul (vice-captain), Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Deepak Hooda, Rishabh Pant (WK), Dinesh Karthik (WK), Hardik Pandya, R. Ashwin, Yuzvendra Chahal, Axar Patel, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Harshal Patel, Deepak Chahar, Jasprit Bumrah, Umesh Yadav