The largest match of the 2022 Asia Cup attracted a record-breaking amount of spectators from Pakistan and India. The entire subcontinent was riveted to see the titanic battle. 13 million people tuned into Disney+Hotstar, the official broadcasters of the Asia Cup, at its highest. The Daraz app, which streams Asia Cup cricket in Pakistan, has reached 13 million users. concurrent Pakistani viewers
Due to this, Sunday’s Asia Cup match between India and Pakistan received the highest level of digital platform viewership ever.
The two teams’ Asia Cup match-up broke Disney+Hotstar’s second-highest viewership mark.
The final game of the same season, which attracted 18 million viewers, broke the previous record set by the 12th edition of the IPL (2019), which saw a record viewership of 12 million during the match between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Mumbai Indians.
Viewership of the ASIA Cup:
- The 13 million mark was reached by the suspenseful India-Pakistan drama on the streaming service Disney+Hotstar.
- The India-Pakistan cricket rivalry had good viewership numbers from the outset, with views increasing to 8.4 million in the fourth over.
- When all-arounder Hardik Pandya struck out batsman Mohammad Rizwan in the 14th over, the audience grew to 8.7 million.
- Strong viewing on the streaming service was generated by India’s bowling prowess, with views reaching 9.5 million in the final over.
- The viewership of the India-Pakistan game quickly surpassed the 9.5 million threshold in the second half. It reached 9.7 million by the third quarter. After Virat Kohli’s six, the audience grew to 9.9 million.
- The partnership of Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma aroused curiosity among fans, and by the fifth over, viewership had surpassed 10 million.
- The India-Pakistan encounter from the 2021 T20 World Cup, which peaked with 12 million viewers, and the game in the 17th over were comparable in terms of viewership.
- 13 million people watched the thrilling conclusion during the last frame.
It is hardly shocking that the championship game won’t have a sizable audience. The entire globe lay waiting for this epic blockbuster showdown between the two arch-rival teams. The Asia Cup 2022 Live Streaming rights in India have been given to Disney+Hotstar. The Live Streaming Platform had more than 10 million active watchers during the contest.
The India vs. Pakistan game in Pakistan attracted more than 13 million viewers to the Daraz Cricket app, which is recognised for live streaming the Asia Cup. These two streaming sites in two different nations experienced such high user activity due to the game’s popularity.
The match came down to the last lover in a heart-pounding finale. With a masterful all-around performance, Hardik Pandya put the game away in spectacular fashion as India won to start their 2022 Asia Cup campaign. Pakistan, who were supposed to bat first, were dismissed for 147 runs.
As the Indian bowlers began teasing the Pakistani batters with short bouncers, Babar Azam was unable to make significant runs. Hardik Pandya took three wickets, while Bhuvneshwar Kumar took four. The greatest run scorer for his team was the opener, Mohammad Rizwan, who scored 43 runs.
India’s response was off to a rocky start. KL Rahul was removed for a golden duck. On his 100th T20I, Virat Kohli made 35 runs, but the star combo of Kohli and Rohit Sharma was then bowled out consecutively. Then, Ravindra Jadeja and Suryakumar Yadav established a successful alliance. Hardik Pandya played a brilliant innings of 33 runs off 17 deliveries to help India win the match after the latter was out.